Top Ten Reasons to Build a Metal Building
When deciding what material to build your next building/project with there are quite a bit of factors that come into play. However, when making that decision, metal buildings seem to have the most upside potential. Listed below are our top ten reasons why your next building should be a metal one.
- Little to No Maintenance- One huge benefit of installing a metal building is once the building is up, you can almost forget about it. Metal buildings are for the most part invincible to weather conditions, so you will not have to worry about your building fading, rotting, cracking, or deteriorating. You will also not have to worry about pesky insects invading your building. There is also a peace of mind with the roof of metal buildings. You will never have to worry about replacing shingles or leaking. Even though all metal buildings that are not climate controlled have the potential to sweat in extreme temperature changes, insulation will reduce and help eliminate the sweating. Since the metal buildings are painted to order in the factory, you will never have to worry about repainting your shelter.
- Economical- With little maintenance comes little costs. Any building is an investment. However, pre-engineered metal buildings are one of the most economical choices available. A metal building is a one-time investment that will be sure to give you your money’s worth With wooden buildings you will have to purchase all the materials if you choose to do it yourself, and then add additional maintenance costs in the future. Red iron steel buildings are more expensive to purchase because of foundation work and additional construction costs. For more information on how metal buildings can be more cost efficient visit here.
- Simple Installation- Compared to other structures, our metal buildings are simple to install. With our quick manufacturing team, we take only a few weeks to manufacture the building and complete installation of our buildings takes only a day or two. Depending on the amount of pre-engineering completed during manufacturing, red iron buildings are not a simple weekend project. Red iron steel buildings usually require a crane for heavy lifting, and on-site welding. Traditional buildings can take forever to be manufactured. The frameworks for these buildings have to fit perfectly like a puzzle, which in turn requires a lot of time. When finally receiving the materials for your traditional building, do not expect to have the building installed within a couple days like our metal buildings. Our larger commercial metal buildings can possibly take up to a week to install, but there is no comparison in the amount of time it would take to install the same size traditional building.
- Variety of Styles- You will not have to worry about your metal building looking like everyone else’s when purchasing an Elephant Structures metal building. Unlike red iron steel buildings, which usually come in the simple “box” shape, we offer a wide variety of metal buildings ranging from carports, garages, barns, workshops, warehouses, etc. If you have the need for a metal building, we have a style that fits your needs. However, if for some reason you cannot find a style that will suffice your requirements; we will work with you to custom make the right building for you. On our website we offer a feature known as BuildID, which allows you to customize your metal building from choosing style, color, gauge size, certification, size, walls, etc. To get started creating/choosing your carport today visit here. If you are looking more for a garage, visit here. We also offer a wide variety of high quality metal barns at: Elephant Barns.
- Durability- Our metal buildings are built to last. When purchasing our metal building you can have peace of mind knowing it will withstand severe weather conditions. Unlike traditional buildings where you have to worry about leaking, fires, and heavy snow fall collapsing the roof, our metal buildings will easily survive it all. Even though we create our buildings to be light and portable, they are by no means cheap and easy to knock over. We manufacture our buildings knowing that our customers plan on storing valuable items in there metal buildings such as cars, equipment, livestock, and other belongings. Therefore, we want our customers to be guaranteed their valuables will be safe no matter what the conditions.
- Flexibility- The way we manufacture our metal buildings offers flexibility to the consumer. We make sure to create our buildings with the mindset that our customers may not always like a certain aspect and decide they want to make a change. This creates no problem. For example, if the customer purchases a metal barn without side walls, and then decides he/she would like side walls, we sell individual parts for such an instance. If a customer purchases a building and decides that the building is too small, we can easily double the size of the metal building. You will not be able to find this sense of flexibility with other structures. Traditional buildings can be added on to, however, this process can take months to complete. The same goes for red iron steel buildings, due to the fact that they are so large and hard to construct. We here at Elephant Structures believe in flexibility and the option of being able to change your mind.
- Eco-Friendly– Steel is the most recyclable material in the world and unlike many other recyclable products, steel does not lose its strength after being recycled. Any scraps of metal we do not use in the manufacturing of our pre-engineered metal buildings are sent off to be recycled. Traditional buildings are not so eco-friendly. Manufacturing traditional buildings require a great amount of wood, which in turn comes from the cutting down of trees. We believe in not creating any waste, and making sure all of our material is used or recycled to be used again.
- Inorganic Product- Metal buildings are inorganic meaning the materials used to manufacture the building were not composed of living matter. Being inorganic means that our metal buildings are fire, mold, mildew, and termite resistant. All traditional or wooden buildings have the possibility of attracting these negativities. Lighting can cause wood to catch on fire, and we’ve all seen what termite damage can do to wood structures. When purchasing a metal building all of these worries disappear. Our metal buildings will not bend with moisture change like some wooden structures.
- Energy Efficient- Believe it or not our metal buildings are very energy efficient. The way metal buildings are insulated, helps regulate the heat and temperature within the building. Air also circulates throughout the building regulating temperature thanks to the design of the buildings. When bright finishes are used on the interior metal, lighting can be improved, reducing energy costs. These little things found only in metal buildings may not seem like much, but in the long run will help save your money on energy costs.
- Financing- We know purchasing an investment such as a metal building can be expensive, that’s why we give you the option to finance. We work with multiple banks to make sure you get the best financing rate available. First you choose which metal building you prefer, complete our financing application, and then let us do the rest. We work to find you the lowest rate so you can begin to pay off your building. However, if financing is not an option we also offer a rent-to-own program. We want to make sure you get the proper protection for your valuables no matter what the circumstance. Check out our financing program here.